Day Tour to Shimba Hills National Park @Kes10,000/US$145 per person
DAY TRIP TO SHIMBA HILLS
Resident- Kes 10,000 per person
Non-Resident- USD 145 per person
- Pick up at hotel at around 6.00 am, after breakfast at hotel
- Drive to Shimba Hills National Park (ca. 50 minutes)
- Game Drive on arrival
- Nature Walk to Sheldrick Falls at around 10 am
- Lunch at Shimba Lodge at around 1pm
- Option: second Game Drive/Drive back to Hotel
- Game Drives in a Minivan
- Max. 6 guests per Minivan
- Professional, experienced guides
- Park fees
- Bottled drinking water in Minivan
- Rescue insurance
- Personal items
Shimba Hills is a National Park on the Coast of Kenya with a breathtaking view over the ocean. Its main attractions are the tropical rainforest and the Sheldrick Falls where guests can swim in a jungle lake.
The reserve is one of the largest coastal forests in East Africa. Its cool climate is a welcome relief from the hotter temperatures of the coast and other game parks. And though the park is small, it offers its fortunate visitors a rich variety of wildlife, birds and even butterflies – 300 varieties.
As the cool winds drift off the nearby ocean you can enjoy the sights of the elephants. The park has the highest density in Kenya. Look for some of the bigger game like lion, leopard, Masai giraffe, buffalo, zebra, impala and gazelle.
Please note that you need closed shoes for the nature walk.
Day Tour to Shimba Hills National Park